Sunday, March 7, 2010

My first blog.

I'm starting a blog because i cant stop looking through the many beautiful blogs out there.
I want to be part of this food loving blog world.. so here it is.


I'm 20 and completely obsessed with food and photography. Lately I've been beginning to think that perhaps my love of food and my desire to know more and MORE/EVERYTHING about food isn't just a phase. Perhaps its the beginning of a life long love affair. Lets hope so.
I hope that i can enthuse more people my age to appreciate the joy of cooking and tasting.
Being a student i realize the importance of food on a budget (my last $15 was spent on dry yeast, some wholemeal flour, and marinated artichokes for my homemade healthy pizza, Definatly worth it) and as im on the road like many people to becoming healthier i want to find solid healthy/satisfying recipes that make use of the basic ingredients that should be a part of every kitchen.
For me cooking is one of those things that i love to do by myself. Its a 'me time thing' i couldn't think of anything better than turning up my favorite songs and going off into my own little 'cooking world'. My favorite sounds at the moment to cook to come from Patrick Watson, try 'bright shiny lights' highly recommend wearing a big smile and twirling around the kitchen while listening to this song.
If there's one thing i cant understand its why anyone ever made cookbooks without photographs. There's nothing more inspiring than beautiful food and beautiful photographs, that's why i've made a promise to photograph everything i cook.
I have SOOOo much to learn about food and cooking and here ill make note of my mistakes and my little victories, and if anything i hope that i can look back to this post and think.. wow i have cooked a bloody lot since that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment