Monday, March 8, 2010

Fav cook book.

This is not only my favorite cookbook but generally my favorite book! The photography is gorgeous, the writer is funny , and after reading it you feel good about yourself and want to cook food that will warm the soul. For anyone who has had body image problems which has to be 98% of the population, your eyes will be opened to a way of healthy eating that isn't boring and bland. Its the first book I've read where someone is admitting to having a genuine love for food and finding a way to balance that without excessive eating. She is honest and the book holds some beautiful recipes. I especially like the way the chapters are categorized into seasons. Not to mention the beautiful paper that its printed on.
I've already enjoyed a couple of meals from the book in particular a green olive chicken stew that is so yummy and satisfying. I'm looking forward to focusing on her breakfast recipes as breakfast is something I've found a new love for. I've never been one to eat a lot of eggs, its only lately that they have made their way into my diet and I've got to say i love them! They are so filling and anything that goes that well with rye bread that's not butter has to be good. The only thing i have to admit due to my lack of eating them i have no idea of how to cook them. The other day was exciting i poached an egg! not going to lie the first one i did became eggy water but then.. success!
The Thing that jumped out for me was when she said..'Sexy is inherent in a healthy appreciation for food, in having the energy to romp with your beloved, pick up you're baby, cook dinner for your friends, go for a run or simply take a gentle walk to the market. Sexy is feeling sated, having options and feeling alive.'
The woman is married to Jamie Cullum, her grandfather is Roald Dahl!, and she has produced this beautiful book.. what more could she want.

No comments:

Post a Comment